Saturday, August 17, 2013

Doing what pleases me

Sometimes I just need to do exactly what pleases me.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I slept in until 11 AM - just delicious!  Then, around 12:00 husband and I headed to the annual Bouckville Antique Fest - about an hour and a half away. 

It's times like these when I embrace my "grandmother" years.  Husband and I can pick up and go pretty much whenever we want during the summer - he's retired and I'm a teacher with summers off.  My pets (four kitties and 3 hermit crabs) can take care of themselves for the day, or even overnight if we choose, and we're free to explore.

Three of the four felines from L to R:  Muff and Fluff (the adolescents) and Fatty Cat (the grownup):


Bouckville week is like a gargantuan flea market with something for everyone, and in every price range.  I spent $50, got some doodads that pleased me, and went home to my kitties tired and happy.

I've always wanted some of these wooden bobbin thingys, so I spent $25 and got these:





I find it card to resist vintage cabinet card-type photographs at bargain prices, so I spent $5 on these 7:

(The large one glared in the flash; it must be a church group because it looks like a reverend in the center with an open bible, and some of the others are holding what look like bibles as well.)


Then I found this funky letter opener that, because of the weight of the stone handle, doubles for a paper weight and got it for $10.  Finally, I got this cute metal pin and a couple pair of earrings. 

Happy Camper here!

1 comment: